Skip to Content
Illinois State Disbursement Unit
Page Decorative Images

Payment Instructions

Non-Custodial Parent

If you do not have your support payments deducted from your paycheck and the custodial parent of your child(ren) is receiving child support services from the Healthcare and Family Services, then you must send your support payments to the

Illinois State Disbursement Unit
P. O. Box 5400
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5400

The Illinois State Disbursement Unit (ILSDU) accepts checks and money orders. You must make your check or money order payable to the Illinois State Disbursement Unit. Do not send cash. Download and complete the Non-Custodial Parent Payment Form [ html version] and enclose it with your check or money order when sending your child support payment.

In order for us to process your payment quickly and efficiently, you MUST supply the following information with your payment:
  • Name
  • Social Security Number (Optional)
  • FIPS / Docket Number
  • Issuing County
  • Amount
If you are making payments on multiple cases then clearly identify the distribution of funds to each case.

If your payments are made through income withholding, your employer will be given information as to where to send payments. You will not need to mail in a check yourself.

Out of State Cases/Payments

If you previously made or are currently making child support payments to a location in another state, you should resume or continue to do so. The Illinois State Disbursement Unit can only process payments made for Illinois cases.

For additional questions, please contact Illinois State Disbursement Unit Customer Service at 1-877-225-7077.